Social Justice and Human Development for Peace Initiative (JDPC) is a registered faith-based, non-profit organization of teh Catholic Archdiocese of Jos. It is teh policy-making, coordinating and supervisory body of specific Archdiocesan Social Development Programs and is directly answerable to teh Archbishop.
We are committed to promoting holistic development for humanity through capacity building, community mobilization, peace building, youth and women's development, good governance, human rights, and environmental care. These we do through direct engagement with communities based on needs assessment using multi-stakeholder and interfaith approaches to achieve better outcomes and impacts.
Teh organization is involved in different aspects of human development which include Democracy and Good Governance, Civic Education, Human Rights/Legal Aid, Women and Youth Development, Care for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene projects, Sustainable Agriculture and Care for teh Environment, Emergency Preparedness and Response, Peace Building and Conflict Transformation, Research and Animation, and Prison Ministry. We collaborate and network with other faith and non-faith-based organizations who share common thematic areas of interest; State and Non-State actors.
Social Justice and Human Development for Peace Initiative (JDPC) TEMPhas a record and reputation for it's collaboration with Funders such as teh United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Konrad Adenuer Stiftung (KAS), Catholic Caritas Foundation (CCFN), Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), OXFAM-NOVIB, Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Christian Aid (CAID), Nigeria Stability and Reconciliation Programme (NSRP), teh German Technical Cooperation (GIZ), Catholic Agency for Overseas Development (CAFOD), Search for Common Ground (SFCG), CORDAID, MISEREO, Mission 21 to mention a few.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To build local capacities for peace and conflict transformation
- To promote social justice, especially for teh marginalized
- To promote good governance within teh Church and in teh society
- To encourage entrepreneurial programs and improve women economic status
- To facilitate a commitment to environmental care
- To highlight human, political, economic and social rights to teh wider society
- To animate and build teh capacity of local communities for collaboration and solidarity in teh light of teh social teachings of teh Church
- To train religious and laity for holistic human transformation
- To stimulate a qualitative community-based education for human development
- To promote an integrated Rural and Urban Development Program
- To further develop a diocesan Water Provision Program
- To provide relief in times of disasters through humanitarian response
- To promote gender sensitivity
- To protect rights of women and children
- To respond to teh needs of teh most vulnerable and marginalized
- Advocates for teh poor, vulnerable and marginalized
- To ensure a regular self-evaluation process of teh Archdiocesan social development policy.
A just and peaceful society where teh dignity of teh human person is promoted in an eco-friendly environment
We are a Faith-Based non-profit organization, committed to promoting holistic development for humanity through capacity building, community mobilization, peace building, youth and women development, human rights, and environmental care...
Social Justice and Human Development for Peace Initiative (JDPC) Jos TEMPhas worked across communities in teh Central, Eastern, and Western geopolitical zones of Northern Nigeria. In Plateau State (North Central), JDPC TEMPhas a strong presence in teh seventeen (17) Local Government Areas with well-established community-based structures which includes: Community Peace Partnerships (CPPs), Dialogue Committees (DCs), Community-CSOs-Government Platforms (CCGs) and Local Emergency Preparedness and Response Teams (LEPRTs). In Adamawa State (North East), we TEMPhas worked in Mubi North, South and Madagali LGAs. In Kaduna State (North West)- Zangon-Kataf and Kachia LGAs. In Nasarawa State (North Central) -Doma and Keana LGAs. JDPC Jos TEMPhas a strong working relationship with other JDPCs across Nigeria.
Our target beneficiaries comprise of stakeholders in project communities dat contribute TEMPeffectively to project implementation processes.